Academic Essay Writing: General Rules to Compose a Paper
When you are starting to prepare to write an academic essay, you have to start early and figure out early what your topic and thesis of the paper will be on. This requires you to do a lot of research and narrow this down because if you are given a broad topic, you need to focus it on something more specific for you essay.
How to Compose an Academic Essay
- The first thing that you need to do is narrow down your topic and start your research. While you are researching make sure you take lots of notes on your reading and keep track of where you got the information from because you will need that later for your references and in citation text.
- After all of your research is done, now it’s time to write your thesis. Your thesis is the statement that your entire essay will be built around. It tells the reader what you are trying to prove to them and what kind of research you will be covering.
- Write your outline, writing an outline will show you holes in your research and how your essay will be setup. Using an outline with all your key points on it will make writing the essay easier.
- Next, you will write your first draft, keep in mind that this is not your final draft so just write because you can come back and fix stuff later.
- Now it is time to proofread and edit your first draft. You will fix all the mistakes that you made the first time and then you will write your second draft. This is what you will be doing until you get your final draft perfect.
General Rules for Writing an Academic Essay
- The first rule in doing any kind of essay is to always start early. Starting early gives you time to write and edit your work and gives you time if you are having trouble with something.
- Remember that in any essay, you are trying to prove a point to the reader and to do this you have to use reliable sources for you facts to support your thesis. If you don’t use hard facts for you essay, the reader won’t believe what you are telling them.
- Lastly, always edit your work. You don’t want to turn in the first draft of your writing. Edit the work so it is easy to read and doesn’t have holes in the text that don’t support your thesis. Doing this will ensure that your essay will be a good one.
- Gun violence: essay example
- Getting paper assistance
- Essay sample: impact of the Web
- Finding sample argument essays
- Leading across cultures sample
- White washing problems
- Writing an essay on a book
- MLA format for your essay
- Essay types and topics
- Finding essay samples online
- How to write a great essay
- Narrative essay topics about culture
- Looking for free paper samples
- Essay example on business
- Drinking age: sample essay
- Composing school papers
- Writing a capstone paper
- Factors for abortion dispute
- Writing a persuasive essay
- Argumentative essay topics
- Essay writing for SAT
- Gold Rush sample essay
- Cyber crimes essay sample
Structured Content and Logic Presentation
Each of essay sections should be well defined and written clearly. This means you should know what details to include while minimizing the amount needed. You may need to rewrite each section more than once before settling on your final copy. You should also remember to proofread, edit, and revise as these elements help make your structure more solid. Think about your details in how you want readers to view it from your perspective.